Monday, July 19, 2010

Zatpat Modak for The Big Day

Today's Moon
Today is Angarki Chaturthi. When Sankashti Chaturthi fall on Tuesday, it is known as Angarki Chaturthi and it is considered highly auspicious. I observe this fast. It is a very big day for all of us at home. I always wanted to make good modak, but some how had great difficulty in shaping them. Then one fine day, I discovered ready made wheat dumpling crepes at the Asian Food Store. I bought it and shaped them like the modaks. Trust me it is the best thing that has ever happened in my kitchen. It comes out very well. Just do the regular filling and leave everything to the crepes. Shortcut , zatpat modak ready in no time. I wanted to share this tip with you all.
Also, the fast is broken after observing the moon. But sometimes the moon is not visible or rises late. But I found direct satellite image of today's moon and I am putting it here. Look at this moon and break your fast. No need to put the rangoli and draw the moon and then break the fast.
A tradition can be still maintained, with little technology touch.
Posted by Radha Chetan Raj at 5/12/2009 06:23:00 PM Labels: Articles

No comments:

Post a Comment